Tornado Waterless 10" CBN Wheel (Tormek style), 12mm arbor
Tornado Waterless CBN Wheels 4-in-1 Design, 10" x 2", 12 mm arbor
Choose your grit (above)
- Wheel size = 10" x 2" (254 mm x 50.8 mm )
- 12 mm arbor
- Fits Tormek-style grinders
- Not for use with water
Please note: We now stock 200, 400, 600, 800, and 1000 grits.
Now you can do non-hollowing grinding of your tools with this Tornado Waterless CBN wheel. Get a full 2" width CBN material + 1" down the sides. Grit choices from 200 to 1200. You will no longer have to dress the stone wheels. These wheels will stay the same shape and diameter without the need to mess with jigs again. We now keep these in stock.
THIS WHEEL IS NOT MADE TO RUN IN WATER - DO NOT RUN IN WATER UNLESS YOU DRY IT COMPLETELY AFTER USE. CORROSION WILL START ALMOST IMMEDIATELY IF NOT DRIED. PLEASE NOTE BUYER ASSUMES RISK IF SOLVENTS WITH ANTI-CORROSIVE PROPERTIES ARE USED WITH THIS WHEEL.
Checkout this unsolicited and informative blog post CBN Wheel for Tormek Grinders by Rob at Heartwood.
CBN WHEEL LIFETIME WARRANTY
With the exception of normal wear of the CBN abrasive from sharpening turning tools your CBN wheel has a one-owner lifetime warranty.
What does this Lifetime Warranty cover?
- Not made to run in water
- Do not run this wheel in water
- Warranty will be VOID if you run this wheel in water
- Your CBN wheel will not warp, twist or have run out - which might cause it to become unbalanced.
- The CBN material and the electroplating of the CBN abrasive material will not peel, chip, crack, come off or rub off which would render the wheel unusable.
- Any wheel being returned for warranty purposes will be shipped at the owner’s expense. Replacements are at the sole discretion of the management at WoodTurners Wonders. Return postage for any new replacement wheel shall also be the responsibility of the owner of the returned wheel. Warranty is null and void if the wheels are not used for the purpose in which they are intended, such determination shall be at the sole discretion of WoodTurners Wonders.
Ken, just a quick note about the 10” CBN wheel I purchased a few weeks ago. Obviously not something I ‘needed’ to have since I already had two of your CBN wheels on my slow speed grinder. Your Tornado wheel, on my Tormek-like grinder puts and unbelievable edge on my gouges and other turning tools. A great addition to my workshop!
Just a hi and a big thanks. Wanted to let you know I think the set of wheels are fantastic. I have them set up on a Rikon slow speed and the wheels are balanced so perfect you can't hear the grinder running, absolutely no vibration. And the tools?... oh so sharp!!! Like never before!!!
You know I'm not a half bad turner with sharp tools. My old wheels had run their course and I had to make a choice. I will never go back to the old way.
Lovin the WoodTurners Wonders - CBN way.
Kevin, President Superiorland Woodturners-Upper Peninsula Michigan
(reprinted with permission)
Please be advised that due to the width of these wheels in most cases the guards of your grinder may have to be removed. As long as the wheels are properly used as intended this should not cause any problems as they are machined from one solid piece of 6061 aluminum. KJR Distributing LLC dba WoodTurners Wonders assumes no risk of usage on these wheels, and shall not be liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential in connection with these products.
KJR Distributing, LLC dba WoodTurners Wonders will accept returns for refund or exchange for two weeks from date of purchase. Goods must be in clean re-marketable condition and in the original box. Management reserves the right to determine if goods returned are able to be resold and may at its sole discretion determine if a restocking fee will be charged prior to refund. Cost of return shipping to be paid by purchaser. Special order configurations are non refundable in most cases unless there is material defect and we will review on a case by case basis.