Wonder Weave 3" Sanding Discs SAMPLE PKG - ALL GRITS
Wonder Weave 3-inch Sanding Disc Sample Package
Hook & Loop 3" Sanding Discs - Sample Package - 65 discs Total - 5 discs in each of 13 grits: 60, 80, 120, 180, 240, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1200, 1500, 2000, 3000.
These hook and loop discs not only have coated aluminum oxide, but they also have ceramic particles mixed in which makes them extra durable and long lasting! Notice how uniform the abrasive is applied to the tear resistant latex backed paper. I've been using these myself and REALLY like them!
Wonder Weave is made of White Fused Alumina (WA) also called White Fused Aluminum Oxide. This is not the same as your mother’s Aluminum Oxide. It belongs to the electro fused artificial corundum group, an important mineral widely used in making refractory bricks, pre-cast refractory shapes, ceramic shapes, various surface preparations, sandblasting, and sandpapers – of course. It’s much harder than normal aluminum oxide and is obtained from reduced fusion of high purity calcined alumina in electric arc furnaces. Calcined alumina is the most critical material in the aluminum production industry.
The mesh is non loading in both wet and dry wood and is easy to clean with a blow gun. The special White Fused Aluminum Oxide (see below) is sharp, cuts really well, and will tolerate high temperatures. The hook and loop material is tightly bonded and will take a lot of abuse. To summarize:
1) Made of White Fused Alumina which is hard, and difficult to break making it effective at quickly removing material
2) Hook and Loop
3) High melting point (2250 degrees) is way more than necessary for sanding and won't breakdown as easily as other types
4) Works equally well on inertia sanders, orbital sanders and drill type sanders
5) Use wet or dry
6) Superior construction makes them last longer
7) The cost is about 1/2 of what the competition charges for a similar product (we think ours is better)