Axminster Woodturning O'Donnell Dovetail Jaws - 38mm
The unique design of the O’Donnell Jaw allows access around the jaws for close-in tool work. The jaws are approximately 49mm tall, tapering to the nose. This tapering gives the jaws their advantage when working close. The centre bore forms a deep recess for holding long spigots and gives rock solid mounting when turning a long way from the headstock without tailstock support. The jaws are dovetailed both inside and outside on the lip. The 38mm O’Donnell Jaw expands into a 52mm dovetailed recess, and contracts onto a 40mm dovetail or 33mm spigot. The Axminster chuck offers plenty of leeway; externally 49mm to 66mm and internally 35mm to 50mm dovetail or 28mm to 43mm spigot. Made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion.
Suitable for SK100 and SK114 chucks only. As with all our dovetail jaws they simply bolt onto the Accessory Mounting Jaws.
- Potential gripping range: Internal dovetail 35mm to 50mm
- Potential gripping range: External dovetail 49mm to 66mm
- Potential gripping range: Spigot 28mm to 43mm
- Recommended for SK100 and SK114 chucks
- Drawing dimensions taken when jaws form a true circle
- Designed for close-in tool work
- Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster
- Made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion