Axminster Woodturning Pen Jaws
Drilling a pen blank can be tricky; the hole needs to be central, straight and round. While various jigs are available for doing the job on a Pillar drill, by far the best method is to do the job on the lathe. The Pen Jaws are 42mm deep and can accommodate either round or square blanks from 16mm upwards. The internal profile ensures a secure grip even if the pen blank is not quite square. Using the jaws in your chuck and mounted on your lathe ensures the blank and the drill bit are centred on the same axis. You also have control of the speed of rotation and the feed speed of the drill bit. Advance the bit steadily and retract frequently to clear the waste. Using the Pen Jaws you can drill blanks with confidence, knowing the result will be accurate and centred every time. Once fitted to your chuck you can drill batches of blanks to help speed up pen production. Made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion.
These pen jaws are suitable for the SK80, SK100 and SK114 chucks. (If fitting to the SK114 chuck, we recommend using the SK100 Accessory Mounting Jaws (106818) for this particular set of pen jaws). As with all our dovetail jaws they simply bolt onto the Accessory Mounting Jaws.
- Potential gripping range: Round 16mm to 44mm
- Potential gripping range: Square 16mm to 41mm
- Recommended for SK80, SK100 and SK114 chucks
- Drawing dimensions taken when jaws form a true circle
- Highly accurate method of drilling pen blanks
- Drill bit and blank centred on same axis
- Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster
- Made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion