Rikon 30” x 40” VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed, Model 70-3040
RIKON’s Heavy Duty 70-3040 Variable Speed Lathe features an innovative SLIDING BED that increases your turning capacity with just a turning of a switch! The special motorized upper bed effortlessly moves to the right away from the headstock to double the standard between-centers distance from 20” to 40”! Moving the sliding bed also increases the swing from 25-3/16” to 31-13/16” over the lower bed! Ideal for turning large bowls or platters. This space-saving lathe is extra heavy-duty, made of solid cast iron and steel construction to provide professional turners with a robust machine that will take the stress when turning large diameter bowls or spindles. The 3HP TEFC, 220V motor combined with 4 heavy-duty bearings in the headstock and digital speed controls provide all the power and precision needed for this versatile lathe.
- Motorized Sliding Bed – Increase spindle length 20” up to 40”
- Motor & Switch – Beefy 3HP motor delivers ample power
- Index Head – 3-Step, multi-V pulleys include 36 index positions
- Control Box – Magnetic back positions controls anywhere on long bed
- LCD Speed Display – Big easy-to-read speeds from 20 to 3850 RPMs
- Banjo – Cast iron tool rest base is extra wide and sturdy