Axminster Woodturning Wood Jaw Plates - 100mm
Wood jaw plates are a versatile aid for attaching and turning wooden jaws to your own design to your woodturning chuck. Wood Jaw Plates offer an ideal solution for reverse chucking a turned bowl in order re-work the back or remove any evidence of initial workholding. Made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion, the SK100 Wood Jaw Plates consist of four pre-drilled steel quadrants. Use standard woodscrews to mount self-made wooden segments. Once attached these wooden segments, turned the wooden jaws to whatever best suits the workpiece. For example grooves to grip the rim of a bowl. These 100mm plates would be suitable for wooden jaws between 250mm to 300mm diameter. An optional long chuck key is available giving extra reach behind these jaws.
Suitable for SK80, SK100 and SK114 chucks. As with all our dovetail jaws they simply bolt onto the Accessory Mounting Jaws.
- Provides re-chucking facility to refine the base of bowls
- Turn self-made custom designed jaws
- Problem solving workholding solution
- Pre-drilled steel quadrants
- Homemade wooden jaws fixed using csk woodscrews
- Recommended for SK80, SK100 and SK114 chucks
- Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster
- Made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion